On 17 February, the National Café au Lait Day is celebrated in the USA.
- The Cafè au Lait is a French milk coffee and is drunk mainly in France for breakfast.
- Since when and why the Americans celebrate the day is not clear, but also with the number of immigrants not surprising.
- In New Orleans the Café au Lait is prepared with chicory and served with beignets.
- The original preparation consists of 50 % coffee and 50 % hot milk without milk foam.
- Often however milk foam is used – in any case more beautiful for Latte Art 😉
- The basis is usually a lungo or a strong filter coffee.
- Cafè au Lait is served in a bol, a large conical bowl without handle.
☕ International Versions
Each country has its own name and own preparation from Café au Lait – here a small selection.