Skip to content
Coffee was first introduced to the island of Malta in Europe in the 16th century.
☕ Traditional Preparation
- The coffee powder you get ready to buy or you mix it yourself the following way
- Use an Arabica Robusta coffee blend and mix with roasted chicory, ground cloves, orange peel and ground aniseed.
- Bring 2 demi cups of water to a boil in a stanjata (coffee kettle).
- After reducing the heat, sprinkle the water with 4 tbsp of the coffee mixture.
- Stir after 3 min. and heat for a further 5 min. , but do not boil.
- Then add 2 more demi cups of water.
- Heat for a further 5 – 7 min. and stir occasionally.
- Now remove from heat and filter the coffee through a fine sieve and fill in cups.
- In summer you can enjoy the coffee also on ice.
- Arabic mocha flavored with cloves and rose water, as in North Africa.