Hardly anyone can avoid the Coffee to Go trend – 70 % of consumers are part of this movement. The Deutsche Umwelthilfe e. V. has a few more frightening stats.
- In Germany, 320,000 coffee to go cups are used every hour.
- That’s almost 3 billion a year!
- In Berlin alone, there are used about 460,000 cups daily.
- Accordingly, about 5% of the total coffee consumption is consumed from disposable cups.
- The number of consumers who often or occasionally use coffee to go cups is now 70% in Germany.
What can you do against all the plastic waste, if you do not want to miss the beloved ritual? Simply make coffee at home and take it with you in a reusable mug. This is cheaper and better for the environment. The choice of material is big. So here are a few in comparison.
The cups usually have a thermo function, are durable, leakproof and dishwasher safe. Since the cups are often made of a mix of materials, you should be careful that they are BPA-free.
Bamboo & other plants
The cups are durable, made of renewable raw materials, quite light and dishwasher safe. If the mug made of 100% bamboo or corn it is even completely biodegradable.
Perfect for those who like to show what they have 😉 They are made of shatterproof glass and thus heavier than bamboo cups. They are often dishwasher safe, tasteless and durable.
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an
Perhaps the noblest version to go. The cups are relatively expensive, heavy but not unbreakable. For this they can be used in the dishwasher, without a lid also for home use and are very durable.