Today an extraordinary variety comes into the cup.
Back across the Atlantic Ocean to Costa Rica.
- The extraordinary Arabica Variety Elle Nueve is cultivated on Hacienda Sonora at an altitude of 1,300 m in West Valley north of San José on 75 ha.
- After the harvest, the coffee is “honey processed” – so it is dried slowly after pulping for several weeks in the sun.
- Tres Cabezas directly imports the coffee from the Guardia family.
- After roasting in Berlin you can taste aromas of exotic fruits, dark grapes, sweet melon and a finish of cocoa.
… the beautifully lightly roasted filter coffee gets Finnish into the cup.
- The Finns drink their lightly roasted filter coffee very strongly.
- In any case, the coffee goes together with yeast pastries (Pulla), Finnish pies or Korvapuusti – cinnamon rolls.
- If you order “kahvi ja munkki” you get a cup of coffee with a pastry that has been fried and rolled into sugar.
- Coffee is usually drunk with sugar and milk.
- Attention: coffee with “real cream” (oikea kerma) is with a shot and not with cream 😉
Tomorrow with bag 21 we have again a classic from Africa.