What is more beautiful than sun, beach and this stunning view? Getting the orginal Cafe Frappe Recipe and Greek Mocha!
- Greek mocha came through the Turks to Greece in the 17th century – so it has a long tradition.
- But anyone who has been to Greece knows that Cafe Frappe is the drink #1. Get the Cafe Frappe recipe further down.
- You have to thank Dimitrios Vakondios, a former Nestlé employee.
- At the autumn fair in Thessaloniki in 1957, Nestlé introduced a new product for children: cocoa, made with milk in a shaker.
- In a pause, Dimitrios wanted to drink coffee, but found no hot water, and so came up with the idea of using the shaker to make his coffee cold.
- He took instant coffee, sugar and water, shook everything, and came out the first Cafe Frappe recipe in history.
Greek Coffee – Ελληνικός καφές
- It is prepared in a Briki – similar to Turkish Cezve.
- Fill water for the desired number of cups into the Briki.
- For each cup, add 1 heaped tsp powdered Mocha coffee powder.
- Add sugar and mix well – it is 2 tsp – γλυκός (glykos, sweet) 1 tsp – μέτριος (metrios, medium) and without sugar – σκέτος (sketos, pure)
- Place the Briki on the stove over medium heat and wait for the coffee to boil.
- It is particularly good when you have it 3-4 times boiled up.
- Remove from heat and evenly spread over all cups.
Cafe Frappe Recipe
- 2 slightly heaped tsp Greek Nescafé Classic* (tastes different than the German) in a glass.
- Add crystal sugar and stir – 2 tsp – γλυκός (glykos, sweet) 1 tsp – μέτριος (metrios, medium) and without sugar – σκέτος (sketos, pure)
- Fill a cold mouthful of cold mineral water into the glass.
- Flare with the blender: a good 5 cm high, fine, caramel-colored foam is the goal.
- Add 4-6 ice cubes, then add fat-reduced milk as desired
- Fill the glass carefully with cold, still mineral water to avoid damaging the foam.
- Drink with straw.
- Modified versions are:
- Frappedaki: a small Frappe (but also used as a loving name for the Frappe)
- Frappedara: a large frappe or stronger frappe with one or two extra spoons of coffee powder.
Cappuccino Freddo – Καπουτσίνο Φρέντο
Espresso Freddo – Φρέντο εσπρέσο
For advertising links on this page the dealer may pay a commission. These advertising links are marked with an asterisk (*) – images and banners are marked with “Ads” or “Advertisment”. There are no costs for you. Find more information in the data protection regulations here.