Canadians are among the world’s biggest coffee consumer.
- Back in the days, tea was drunk mainly due to British immigrants.
- After the Second World War, returnees brought with them the highly developed coffee tradition of Europe and “Americanized” them.
- Today, coffee is considered trendy.
- No wonder, then, that hip cafes with the finest brewing methods can be found all over Toronto.
- So the coffee revenue almost doubled since 2010.
- Canada’s coffee culture is made up of different countries and traditions.
- From Costa Rica‘s coffee sock, over siphon and Ethiopian coffee ceremony to Espresso and Co. everything is available.
- The perfect snack for coffee are Nanaimo bars consisting of chocolate chip cookies, a layer of vanilla or butter cream and a top layer chocolate.