Bulletproof Coffee shall supply you with energy and shall help losing weight.
No wonder the drink is also popular with celebrities like Ed Sheeran and Gwyneth Paltrow.
I checked for you who invented it and why the coffee is called bulletproof.
Who invented it?
Dave Asprey, founder of the American company Bulletproof, can be ascribed to this. He was in Tibet about 10 years ago at -20°C at 5,500 m altitude. Completely exhausted he got a cup of freshly brewed yak butter tea served from a Tibetan woman. This is a traditional drink in the Himalayas. It energized him that much that he came up with the idea for a new super drink, with which one feels “bullet proof” .
But the idea of giving butter in the coffee is not new – the recipe for Nepalese “Mustang Coffee” can be found here.
- Caffeine has some positive effects: It is anti-inflammatory, increases the concentration and stimulates the metabolism.
More in my article about caffeine
- The chlorogenic acid contained in the coffee has an antioxidant effect and protects against DNA damage and decreases blood pressure.
- Micelles of the butter promote fat burning.
- The MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides) are, for example, in coconut oil. This helps the body to move quickly into the state of ketosis so that the body not only burns sugar, but also fat. In addition, one is more powerful.
- 1 cup of freshly brewed light-roasted specialty coffee
- 1 tsp of organic butter or ghee
- 1 tsp of organic coconut oil, MCT oil or C8 oil
Blend everything together in a blender or well with a milk frother. Mixing is an important part of the preparation, which leads to the formation of micelles from the butter – these are small molecules that support the body in fat metabolism.
Whether the 350 – 600 calories in the cup really help you lose weight, I can not tell you by a self-test. However, if one leaves the marketing chi-chi of the company Bulletproof away and uses specialty coffee, organic butter and coconut oil for the preparation, the coffee tastes really delicious. So it has its existence right for the friends of the liquid breakfast.
If you would like to smile while reading a controversial article on Bulletproof Coffee, click here.