Because it was so lovely …
In Bag 9 we stay in Costa Rica but change the finca.
Tarrazu Finca La Florentina, Espresso
- The Finca La Florentina by Don Bernan Ureña consists of several small microlots that extend over the Los Santos region of Tarrazu.
- Tarrazu offers ideal conditions for growing coffee with its nutrient-rich volcanic rocks and cool, humid climate.
- The first Arabica plants were brought from Colombia to this region about 250 years ago.
- Don Bernan has been running the finca for 45 years.
- He cultivates mainly the variety Caturra Catuaí in 1,500 and 2,000 m altitude.
- The beans are processed as ‘yellow honey‘.
- The coffee tastes of toasted almonds, milk chocolate, toffee and tangerines.
… and comes as typical Austrian coffee specialty in the glass today.
- In a glass, an espresso is crowned with a luscious whipped cream canopy.
- For this icing sugar is served.
- A spoon is not needed, because the hot coffee is drunk traditionally through the cold cream.
- The double Einspänner is prepared with a double espresso.
Tomorrow, for the 2nd Advent we change the country and get a highlight in the cup, I promise.