Back to our second home.
Right, we’re back in Costa Rica today – just without coffee, or maybe with coffee?
🍒 The Coffee Cherries
- Cascara is the tea from the coffee cherry. The complete article here.
- Doña Francisca and Don Oscar grow high quality coffee at 1,440 m altitude in the north of San José.
- The coffee processing methods honey processed and dried natural can be tasted in the Cascara.
- It has the sweetness of lilac, elderberry and honey with fresh notes of lime and rosehip.
- Cascara is also healthy: vitamin E, vitamin B2, but also minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron are included.
- The caffeine content is with 1/5 significantly lower compared to a filter coffee.
… luckily today is not Monday, but Friday! That’s why the tea comes on ice with some reinforcement.
- 18 -20 g of Cascara to 0.5 l of water (95 ° C)
- to let go 5 to 7 min.
- I cool it for a few hours in the fridge and then it comes on ice with 2 cl of rum. Cheers.
That is how to start into the weekend. Tomorrow bag 16 for the hangover.