Slow Coffee can be much slower than you thought.
Who really wants to spend a lot of time with her/his coffee, not only brews with a hand filter, but also roasts at home. There are, indeed, a few compelling arguments in favor. I have summarized what these are and how you can finally roast your coffee at home.
- For your bread and fries, you also have a vending machine or fryer at home. So why not for coffee?
- It is cheaper.
- There is no fresher coffee.
- It’s fun to deal with your coffee.
Back to the roots. This is how coffee is roasted until today at the Ethiopian coffee ceremony. However, you should either do this outdoors or with a good ventilation, as it can have a strong smell. It is important to always keep the pan in motion to achieve a uniform roasting result. The downside is that you do not really know what temperature your beans will roast. So the result will not get the best out of the beans. However, anyone who has ever attended an Ethiopian coffee ceremony knows how well the coffee tastes. Rituals also give taste.
Not sure what professionals would say. But hey, the benefit to the pan: you can regulate the temperature increase during coffee roasting. For that you have to turn the beans in the meantime. My self-experiment can be found here.
For everyone who want to have a real coffee roasting machine at home, even this is an option with the necessary money.
- Kelvin: roasting on demand in small quantities of 100-120g. The efficient roast cycle delivers roasted coffee in less than 10 minutes. At the same time, you also get a selection of raw coffee from 12 different countries that you can roast light, medium, medium dark or dark. Kelvin then cools the beans. And the design is also very convincing to me.
- Sample Roaster: with 50-300g batch size, there are like Probat, Giesen oder Hottop. However this is definitely not for beginners.
As is the case with every trade, there is a good reason for a profession, because a roasting master needs intuition and experience. She/he decides on the roast curve for each individual coffee including the individual influencing factors such as temperature, speed, air and duration. After each sample roasting, the result is evaluated by cupping, before the roast is optimized for this one coffee.
In the end tastes are different, and those who enjoy developing their coffee themselves may eventually turn their passion into a profession.
Good Point. I think Kafgar Coffee Roaster Machine is best coffee roaster machine in the world. You check specifications on this website; https://kafgarglobal.com
I bought a new commercial coffee roasting machine. It is Kafgar Coffee Roaster 10 kg batca capacity. i will begin to roast my coffee
Great! Are you happy with the usage and results, Eric?