#34 of the coffee producing countries
- Stenophylla Coffee – a particularly small-leaved plant that grows to a height of 700 m is originated here.
- Commercial cultivated is mainly poor quality Robusta and to a small part Arabica and Liberica coffee.
- The cultivation areas are located in the south, on the border with Liberia and the Ivory Coast.
- Unfortunately, according to a report by the U.S. Department of Labor, many children aged between 5 and 14 work on coffee plantations.
- Since 2003 the government has the monopoly on the export of coffee.
- The production volume, however, is so low that most of the exported coffee comes from the Ivory Coast.