I am moving. There is actually a coffee road and coffee path!
- The “Kaffeestraße” can be found in Bremen, Loxstedt, Lohne (Oldenburg), Bad Essen, Söhlde and Einbeck
- The “Kaffeeweg”in Coburg, Neustadt am Rübenberge and Potsdam.
For two cities I could even research something about the origin:
The Kaffeestrasse got its name in the colonial era.
- Officially, the street bears this name only since the “niedersächsischen Kommunalreform” in 1972.
- However, the inhabitants have long termed it so before. For the Why there are 2 versions:
- In an adjoining building of a house coffee was illegally roasted in the 19th century – so without the corresponding tax payment.
- Water used to trickle out of the farms and colored a water trench “black as coffee”.
All coffee roads and paths have one in common – they are damn small. And in Berlin there is not a single 🙁 So I can only wait and drink coffee. Cheers!