Tchibo has been conducting surveys on coffee all over the world for five years, together with brand eins Wissen and statista.com, each year with a different focus.
This year, the focus is on innovation.
The following topics are covered:
- Countries, varieties, producers, including fair-trade
- Report on the Cenicafé Research Center in Colombia, looking for the coffee plant of the future
- Coffee consumption in Germany
- Preferred coffee preparation of the Germans (filter coffee still at the top)
- Raw and roasted coffee as commercial goods
- Portrait: Coffee Trucks
a few facts from the report:
Coffee consumption in Germany:
- 23.8 % drink 2 cups of coffee per day.
- 2.9 % drink 10 cups of coffee per day and more.
- 67.6 % drink filter coffee and are on average 44.6 years old.
- 41.8 % drink Latte macchiato / Milk Coffee / Café au Lait.
- 71.8 % have a filter coffee machine.
- 23.8 % have a capsule machine.
- 96.4 % drink coffee at home, 65.2 % at work, 64.2 % at the Café, 29.6 % to go.
23.3 % agree that the variety of drinks and preparation for coffee is so big that many consumers would like to have more manageability.
34.2% agree that information about sustainable cultivation of coffee increasingly affects the buying decisions.
30.3 % agree that more and more people are taking care to consume coffee sustainable, for example through degradable coffee cups or coffee machines with minimal waste.
15.6 % agree that coffee-drinkers are turning back to pure coffee enjoyment: versions with milk, cream, milk foam and so on lose in popularity.If you are interested in the complete 104-page report, please click here for the pdf. Do not worry, there are also some pictures and tables;)