Perfect for todays weather!
Weather-wise, the day comes as called, because today it will be up to 27 °C in Germany. What should not be missing – iced coffee. Why and how this day is celebrated and how you get your perfect iced coffee, I will tell you today.
It is actually an annual donation campaign by Dunkin ‘Donuts, which has is celebrated since 2010. This year it will take place today on May 23, 2018.
For every iced coffee sold by Dunkin ‘Donuts in Rhode Island und Bristol County, Massachusetts, the company is donating $ 1 to Hasbro Children’s Hospital in the area. Since its founding, thanks to the diligent coffee drinkers, more than $ 2 million have been raised.
This year Dunkin ‘Donuts cooperates with the local Providence Tradition Good Night Lights to raise even more money for the hospital. In order to show the children in the hospital that they are thought of, everyone is allowed to light their flashlights to the hospital every day at 8:30 pm. The little patients shine back. With #IceDD4Hasbro you will surely find a lot in the internet today.
Great Idea. Nevertheless, no Dunkin ‘Donuts coffee comes into my cup. I have put together 3 delicious traditional iced coffee preparations from different countries for you. Cheers!
- Juice of one lemon, cooled filter coffee with sugar on ice in a glass
- Add 10 ice cubes with 240 ml milk, 3 tsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tsp chocolate sauce and 60 ml espresso in a blender to a creamy Frappuccino.
- Then fill in a large glass and garnish with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and straw before serving.
- prepare coffee with a French Press.
- Fill the coffee into a carafe and mix with the following ingredients.
- per cup: 2-4 tsp of candied sugar per serving
- per cup: 2 tsp cardamom
- Cinnamon, almond extract or other dessert spices depending on taste.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight
- Fill coffee into a glass of ice cubes and leave room for 30 – 60 ml of condensed milk or cream to pour over.