Homemade Gingerbread Latte
For the first advent, I’ll show you how to make a gingerbread latte macchiato at home.
- 1½ cups of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole star anise
Mix all ingredients, except the vanilla extract, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10-20 min until the syrup is about as thick as maple syrup. Please stir only to dissolve the sugar. Then remove the syrup from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Transfer to a glass and refrigerate.
- Preheat a large latte macchiato glass.
- Add 2 tbsp gingerbread syrup in the glass.
- Froth the milk and pour over a tablespoon into the glass so that the syrup and the foam do not mix.
- Prepare espresso or strong coffee and pour into the glass.
- Finally, dust the milk froth with cinnamon.
If you love calories, you can use cream instead of milk, and add after the syrup. First pour syrup, then coffee and cream into the glass.
For everyone in party mode: add 2 cl rum 😉