On the 6th of May, Danish coffee is celebrated – on the National Coffee Day.
- The Danes drink with 863 cups far more than we Germans with 675 cups a year!
- This is 280 mg of caffeine a day.
- 32 % of Danes drink more than 5 cups of coffee a day. That’s about 400 mg of caffeine.
- The Scandinavians drink their coffee at home classic brewed or filtered, traditionally rather brightly roasted.
- French press is also widespread.
- Danes prefer to drink their coffee black without sugar and milk.
- On the drinks menu you will even find an aftenkaffe (evening coffee)
- The proportion of decaffeinated coffee is negligible with less than 0.5 %
Through the love of coffee, it is not surprising that the Danes also have their own Danish coffee creations.
- Danish coffee is a mix of 1 cup hot coffee, 2 tsp sugar, 1 clove, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 tbsp rum.
- For Danish coffee add hot coffee into a pot on a stove, mix with sugar, add clove, cinnamon stick and rum, leave it for maximum 2 hours.
- Pour hot coffee into glasses and enjoy your Danish coffee
- originating in the western region of Jutland.
- It consists of af mix of coffee and snaps.
- A popular way to mix it is to put a coin in the bottom of a coffee cup and pour in coffee until the coin is no longer visible.
- Then pour the snaps in until the coin can be seen again through the diluted coffee.
… and who is looking for good cafes in Copenhagen, let me take you on a coffee tour in Copenhagen
Hera also a list of coffee roaster in Denmark:
- Risteriet – Rødovre
- Estate Coffee – København
- Kaffeagenterne – Randers
- The Coffee Collective – Frederiksberg
- Kaffebønnens Risteri – Brøndby
- Øristeriet – Rødovre
- Just Coffee – Roskilde
- Great Coffee – Århus
For advertising links on this page the dealer may pay a commission. These advertising links are marked with an asterisk (*) – images and banners are marked with “Ads” or “Advertisment”. There are no costs for you. Find more information in the data protection regulations here.
One Shop is missing from this list og Great danish coffee cafes. MokkaHouse is located in Aarhus – Risskov . Mokkahouse is retailer of all the Greates coffee brands and resellers
Thanks for your support 🙂