Last year I put together some coffee cocktail recipes for you. Today, you get the right basis with a coffee dinner.
The evening is long, so there is a 10-course menu. And do not worry, it is flexitarian – resolutions are for tomorrow 😉
1. Risotto with Capers and Espresso Recipe >
2. Carrots Slow-Baked on Coffee Beans Recipe >
3. Tofu Veggie Skewers with a spicy Coffee Chocolate Sauce Recipe >
For the skewers:
- 1 quartered radicchio
- 8-10 brussel sprouts, halved
- 400g solid tofu, cut into large squares
- sauté in a bit of oil until golden brown and season with sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
For the sauce:
- 60g very dark chocolate + 2 tsp date sugar or sweetened dark chocolate melt and stir in other ingredients.
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp finely ground coffee
- 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 3 tsp peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
4. Coffee crusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe >
5. Flank Steak and Mashed Potatoes with Coffee Butter, Salsify and Kale Chips Recipe >
6. Slow-Smoked Turkey with Cane Syrup-Coffee Glaze Recipe >
7. Dry-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Tomatillo-Avocado Slaw Rezept >
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp finely ground coffee
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 220g salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 2 tomatillos, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small jalapeños, gutted and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado halved, peeled and pitted
- 340 g cups of finely shredded red and green cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas
- Chili sauce and slices of lime, to serve
Mix cumin, chilli powder, brown sugar and coffee in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Coat the salmon fillets with olive oil and add to the spice mixture.
In a blender, puree the tomatoes with cilantro, jalapeños and garlic. Add sour cream and avocado and mix until creamy. Put the dressing in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fold in cabbage.
Preheat oven to 300 °C. Lightly sprinkle each tortilla with olive oil, stack and wrap in foil. Bake for 10 min. In the meantime, fry the salmon fillets over a high heat in a pan, turn them once until they are almost cooked (8 -9 min).
Fill the tortillas with the minced salmon and coleslaw and serve with the spicy sauce and lime slices.
8. Tiramisu Recipe >
9. Bananas in Coffee Bean Syrup Recipe >
10. Kopi Roti (Coffee Buns) from Malaysia Recipe >
- 500g flour
- 80 g of powdered sugar
- 9 g of salt
- 20 g low-fat milk powder (optional)
- 10 g dry yeast
- 280 ml of water
- 1 big egg
- 60 g unsalted butter + 100 g butter for the filling
For the topping
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 150 g of powdered sugar, sieved
- 3 big eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 g of flour
- 3 tablespoons espresso
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk water and egg separately. Gradually knead the water-egg mixture with the flour mixture: Continue to knead at medium speed for about 10 min. Slowly knead until the dough is shiny and elastic. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. About 40 min. let go.
In the meantime prepare the topping. To do this beat butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the flour, the espresso and the liqueur at low speed.
After the dough has risen, beat in briefly to release some air, then divide into 16 pieces of 25 g balls. Press flat, place 1 tsp of butter in the middle of each roll, and wrap like a dumpling. Place with the seam down on the baking tray and for approx. 45 min. (until they are twice the size) let go. Then spray the coffee topping in snail shape on the buns. Then bake in a preheated oven at 215 °C for about 18 min. or until the topping darkens and forms a soft crust on the bun and the bottom is lightly browned and firm.