Back on the mountains of 1,400 m altitude!
In bag 12 is another coffee from Costa Rica. Seems like the guys from Tres Cabezas fell in love with the coffee of this country;)
Hacienda Sonora, Villalobos
- The Family Guardia has been growing coffee on the Hacienda Sonora for more than 50 years.
- It is located on the fertile foothills of the famous volcano Poas in the West Valley of Costa Rica and is largely untouched jungle.
- The green coffee of this Villalobos grows to 1,400 m and is processed as “Natural”. The fully ripe coffee cherries are put into the sun as a whole. After drying with the husk they are pulped.
- As a result, the coffee beans absorb the full aroma of the fruit.
- So the coffee is wonderfully fruity, soft and full-bodied.
- There are notes of cherries, caramel, oranges and exotic dried fruits to discover.
- As well as cocoa and caramel tones in the long-lasting creamy chocolate finish.
I am also very much in love with this coffee. So I will have it as a French café au lait today.
☕ Café au Lait
- is very common for breakfast.
- Traditionally, it is served in the “bol”, a bowl-shaped dish.
- The coffee and hot milk are poured at the same time, otherwise it is not real!
- And the coffee is filter coffee from a french press, not an espresso as we are not in Italy 😉
With bag 13 we start tomorrow in the second half of the coffee advent calendar.