Today, on the 6th of May, coffee is celebrated in Denmark – on the National Coffee Day.
- The Danes drink with 863 cups far more than we Germans with 675 cups a year!
- This is 280 mg of caffeine a day.
- 32 % of Danes drink more than 5 cups of coffee a day. That’s about 400 mg of caffeine.
- The Scandinavians drink their coffee at home classic brewed or filtered, traditionally rather brightly roasted.
- The proportion of decaffeinated coffee is negligible with less than 0.5 %
Through the love of coffee, it is not surprising that the Danes also have their own coffee creations.
- 1 cup hot coffee, 2 tsp sugar, 1 clove, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 tbsp rum.
- Pour hot coffee into glasses, mix with sugar, add clove, cinnamon stick and rum, leave it a second and enjoy.
- originating in the western region of Jutland.
- It consists of af mix of coffee and snaps.
- A popular way to mix it is to put a coin in the bottom of a coffee cup and pour in coffee until the coin is no longer visible.
- Then pour the snaps in until the coin can be seen again through the diluted coffee.
… and who is looking for good cafes in Copenhagen or coffee roaster in Denmark: