The Ivory Coast is ranked 12th among coffee producers worldwide.
- Côte d’Ivoire is not only the world’s largest cocoa producer, but is also one of the largest producers of unwashed Robusta coffee.
- After all, about 45% of the working population earn their living with coffee.
- Where, however, much cheaper Robusta is produced, as is well known, Nestlé’s instant coffee is not far 😉
- It is thus not surprising that the Group opened a new research and development center in Abidjan in 2009, with the objectives of quality and earnings growth, since the crops have been declining for years.
- Coffee in Ivory Coast and cocoa are frequently grown together, the high cocoa trees giving shade to the coffee.
- Even if the topic is more popular for cocoa, it soon becomes clear that there are still child labor and slavery on coffee plantations.
- On the other hand, pesticides are used in monocultural cultivation.
- 80 % of the coffee are exported mainly to France and Italy, after all, there is also a Robusta share in many Espressi blends 😉
- The taste quality is also not very convincing for coffee lovers.
Preparation: Coffee in Ivory Coast
Coffee in Ivory Coast: instant coffee is predominantly drunk, but also espresso at the kiosk or capsule coffee at work.
For advertising links on this page the dealer may pay a commission. These advertising links are marked with an asterisk (*) – images and banners are marked with “Ads” or “Advertisment”. There are no costs for you. Find more information in the data protection regulations here.