Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte
This year I dedicate myself to the preparation of a Pumpkin Spiced Latte Macchiato, with homemade pumpkin syrup, of course!
- ¾ cup brown sugar / alternatively agave syrup
- 1 cup of sugar / alternatively agave syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring water and brown sugar to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the white sugar and boil about 4 min. until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- At low heat add nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and ginger one after the other, then the pumpkin purée.
- Stir with a whisk and let it simmer at low temperature for approx. 8 min. and stir occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the oven and strain through a sieve with cotton cloth in a bowl.
- Stir the vanilla extract when the syrup has cooled to room temperature.
- Fill in a glass and continue with the coffee.
- Preheat a large latte macchiato glass.
- Add 2 tsp squash syrup to the glass.
- Froth the milk and pour into the glass over a tablespoon so that the syrup and the foam do not mix.
- Prepare espresso or strong coffee and add into the glass.
- Finally, dust the milk froth with cinnamon.
If you love calories, you can add whipped cream, instead of the milk, and fill the glass after the syrup, first with coffee and then cream.
For everyone in party mode: why not mixing the coffee with 2 cl Rum 😉