One of the world’s largest coffee producers celebrates today the Día del Café Peruano, on 25 August 2017.
- Peruvian coffee is known worldwide for its high quality.
- More than 2 million Peruvians live on direct and indirect employment.
- In order to increse domestic consumption, the Ministry of Agriculture declared 2017 the Día del Café Peruano every fourth Friday in August.
- It is celebrated all over the country.
- In the focus is the competitive development of coffee and the growth of coffee culture.
- The celebration is therefore a tribute to the coffee producers, industrialists, exporters, traders and consumers.
- Yesterday, the ExpoCafé Villa Rica started in Lima and continues until Sunday. Here visitors can taste more than 20 coffee specialties and Barista can participate in workshops.
- There are also cafés, that offer free coffee or have special promotions.
- More about the history of coffee in Peru and traditional coffee making, here >>